Ontario Turkey Kitchen Catastrophe Contest OFFICIAL RULES
- The Contest: A Weekend Kitchen Catastrophe Cooking Class along with some other amazing gifts, will be awarded to three (3) Kitchen Catastrophe nominations.
- How it works: Nominations for the Contest must be submitted online by a Nominator. You can even nominate yourself! All nominations will be considered by our panel of Judges. An entry fee or purchase is not required. The contest for nominations begins on at 12:01 AM EST on Friday, April 15, 2016 and continues until 11:59 pm EST Friday, May 27, 2016, the Nomination Closing Date. Our Panel of Judges will choose a shortlist of five (5) Finalists to post on the Ontario Turkey Facebook page on Tuesday, June 14, 2016. The final three (3) winners will be chosen as a result of a popular vote conducted via social media site – FACEBOOK – as of 11:59 pm EST Tuesday, July 5, 2016. The final three (3) winners will be contacted by email or phone, on Wednesday, July 6, 2016.
- The Prizes: There are a total of THREE (3) prizes available to be won consisting of a Weekend Kitchen Catastrophe Cooking Class (the Prize) in Oakville, Ontario for both the Nominator and the Nominee. The Winners must be able to commit to the following dates: Arrival 7:00 p.m. EST Friday, August 5th, 2016 to departure at 5:00 p.m. EST Sunday, August 7, 2016. The Prize includes: cooking lessons and a prize pack consisting of an assortment of Ontario Turkey branded merchandise and a Longo’s gift card (valued at $150 CDN). The approximate total retail value of the prize is $1,000).
Please read the Rules below carefully as some restrictions apply. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
- The Ontario Turkey Kitchen Catastrophe Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Turkey Farmers of Ontario (the “Sponsor”) 1120 – 100 Conestoga College Boulevard, Kitchener, ON N2P 2N6 Phone: 519-748-9636 Fax: 519-748-2742
- This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- HOW TO ENTER
- There is a submission process for a Kitchen Catastrophe to become nominated. Nominations are submitted by a Nominator (A Nominator may nominate him/herself). Nominees will be notified accordingly and given an opportunity to opt out.
- Prior to being confirmed as Nominees, Nominees will be required to consent to their Nomination’s inclusion in the Contest. By consenting, the Nominee will grant to the Sponsor and agree to obtain for the Sponsor, without additional payment or restrictions, the rights and licenses specified herein. The Nominee will be required to expressly consent to Sponsor’s use of all of the information about the Nominee and his/her Kitchen Catastrophe submitted in connection with the Contest for the purpose of its operation.
- Following nominations and once Nominees have consented to entry for the Contest, Five (5) finalists will be selected by a panel of judges that have been appointed by the Sponsor.
- The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may: (i) terminate the Contest without awarding one or more of the Prizes, (ii) extend the deadlines to allow additional time for nominations, or (iii) take such other action as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor, consistent with legal requirements and the nature of the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any individual or any materials with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever.
- The Rules are subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial and municipal laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws, and are binding on all participants.
- Any additional interpretations of the Rules or decisions in connection with the Contest shall be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All rulings are final and binding without right of appeal. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- The selected Nomination will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a selected Candidate does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries.
- The Winners must be able to commit to attend the Weekend Kitchen Catastrophe Cooking Class on the following dates: Arrival 7:00 p.m. EST Friday, August 5th, 2016 to departure at 5:00 p.m. EST Sunday, August 7, 2016. If selected Nominators AND Nominees cannot attend the Weekend Kitchen Catastrophe Cooking Class, incorrectly answer the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a NOMINATEES CONSENT DECLARATION OF ELIGIBILITY AND LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE FORM, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select another Nomination or to cancel the prize.
- The Selected Nominator/Nominees will be notified by e-mail or telephone within one (1) business day of the judges decision. The selected Nominator/Nominees will be contacted using the e-mail address or telephone number provided at the time of entry into the Contest and up to three (3) attempts will be made within 36 hours following the Selection. A selectedNominator/Nominees that does not or cannot accept the Prize may be forfeited and a new Nomination selected, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Signed release forms must be received by the Sponsor no later than Friday, July 8, 2016. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected Nominator/Nominees to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected Candidate’s response.
- Disputes regarding identity of Nominator/Nominee: If the identity of a selected Nominator/Nominee is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). Each selected Nominator/Nominee may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
- Nominations that do not fully comply with the Rules (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) are ineligible. The Contest is open to legal residents of Ontario, who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry, with the exception of the Sponsor, its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, vendors, contractors, resellers and advertising agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, and Judges and their immediate families and those with whom they reside (whether related or not), are ineligible as Nominees. For the purpose of these Rules, immediate family is defined as spouse, partner, mother, father, legal guardian, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren.
- There are a total of THREE (3) prizes available to be won consisting of a Weekend Kitchen Catastrophe Cooking Class (the Prize) in Oakville, Ontario for both the Nominator and the Nominee. The Prize includes:
- Free admission to attend cooking classes conducted by Home Economist Emily Richards on to learn how to roast a whole turkey for a holiday meal and how to roast a whole turkey and use it to make several delicious, nutritious and economical meals. The Winners must be able to attend the preparation for and filming of the cooking classes throughout the following dates: Arrival 7:00 p.m. EST Friday, August 5th, 2016 to departure at 5:00 p.m. EST Sunday, August 7, 2016. The cooking class will be hosted at a Longo’s Burloak Loft kitchen, 3455 Wyecroft Rd, Oakville, ON.
- An assortment of Ontario Turkey branded merchandise and a Longo’s gift card (valued at $150 CDN).
- $500 CDN VISA gift card to each team (consisting of the Nominator and Nominee) to cover the cost of transportation and any meals that are not provided for.
- All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
Notification The Five (5) Kitchen Catastrophe Finalists will be announced on www.facebook.com/OntarioTurkey on or about Tuesday, June 14, 2016. The names of the Three (3) winning Kitchen Catastrophe Nominations will be posted on www.facebook.com/OntarioTurkey at the latest by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Monday, July 11, 2016. Winning Nominations will be notified via the Website and by telephone and/or e-mail.
Likelihood of Winning The odds of a nomination winning depend on number of eligible nominations received before contest closes. The odds of a top five (5) Nomination winning the Contest is 3 in 5.
Prize Substitutions No prize substitutions are allowed unless expressly authorized by the Sponsor. That said, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any Prize or a component thereof with a prize or prizes of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. The Sponsor makes no representation and offers no warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of a Prize or a component thereof awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each Winning Nominator/Nominee understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Sponsor nor any other individual or entity (including. but not limited to, the Released Parties, as defined below) should the applicable Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a Prize, each Winning Nominator/Nominee agrees to waive all recourse against the Sponsor if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
RIGHTS, LICENSES, AND OTHER TERMS
- Each Nominator/Nominee, by allowing his/her Nomination to be entered for the Contest, hereby agrees that the Sponsor, its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, Panelists, and each of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), are not liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in the Contest and/or from the acceptance or use or misuse of a Prize or portion thereof.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of each Nomination. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; and/or (ii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- A Winning Nominator/Nominee shall agree to sign:
- a Licence granting the Sponsor, its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, licensees, successors and assigns, and Panelists, the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes by or on behalf of the Sponsor without additional notice or compensation. Entry in the Contest constitutes a Nominee’s agreement to sign and be legally bound by such licenses/releases. The Licence formalizes the grants described herein; and
- a Declaration and Indemnity releasing the Released Parties, from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Contest and/or the use, misuse or acceptance of a Prize or any portion thereof.
- By consenting to nomination, each Nominee grants to the Sponsor, its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, vendors, contractors, licensees, successors and assigns, its resellers and advertising agencies and their respective employees, officers, directors, and Panelists, the following rights and licenses for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged:
- A non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to, throughout the world and in perpetuity, use, copy, perform and display (i) the Nomination and recording, or any portion thereof; and (ii) all related information about the Nomination and the Nominee, and the likenesses of the Nominee on the Sponsor’s websites, including, but not limited to, the Website, both now and in the future, to allow visitors to see the aforementioned likeness and hear the video Nomination.
- By consenting to having a Nomination entered in the Contest, Nominators/Nominees represent having the authority, including all licenses and intellectual property rights, to grant to the Sponsor each and every right and license granted to the Sponsor for entry and participation in the Contest. A Nominators/Nominee’s consent to be considered for the Contest constitutes his/her/their agreement to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties; from and against any claim, including, without limitation, copyright infringement or misappropriation arising from any acts or omissions in connection with the Contest or its operation.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
- Nominators/Nominees are prohibited from entering or nominating any Kitchen Catastrophe Contest in which they have any financial, business or other interest. Nominators agree that they own all the rights of any material submitted as a Nomination.
- Nominators must submit an online nomination by entry form in full including a letter or 30 second (maximum) video explaining why the nominated Kitchen Catastrophe is eligible. Nominations must be submitted by the Contest Closing Date.
- Nominations must be accompanied by the Consent of the Nominee in order to be eligible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: JUST BECAUSE A NUMBER OF VOTES MAY APPEAR ON A CONTEST LEADERBOARD OR OTHERWISE DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE NOMINEE ASSOCIATED WITH THOSE VOTES IS OR WILL BE A WINNING NOMINATOR/NOMINEE. ANY OR ALL VOTES MAY BE VERIFIED BY THE SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON. ANY SUCH PUBLIC DISPLAY OF VOTES IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PROPOSES ONLY. ONLY THE SPONSOR CAN DEEM A NOMINEE TO BE AN ELIGIBLE WINNING NOMINATION.
Technical and other Problems
- The Released Parties are not responsible for problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry or vote to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest in the event of online or other technical difficulties or corruption. Further, The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any website or any platform during the Contest; (ii) the failure of any materials, votes or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iii) any injury or damage to an Nominator/Nominee’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (iv) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a Winning Nominator/Nominee, Nominee or eligible Winning Nominator/Nominee or eligible Nominee; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Individuals may encourage others to vote for a Kitchen Catastrophe Finalist(e.g. via various social media sites and platforms); however, no form of incentive, prize or chance of receiving any incentive, inducement, or prize may be offered as part of such encouragement in furtherance of receiving such individual’s vote. Any individual determined by the Sponsor and/or its representative(s) to be engaging in any such behaviours and/or in violation of the letter and/or spirit of these Rules (all as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) will be disqualified, and the corresponding votes and Kitchen Catastophe nomination is/are subject to disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- The Sponsor, Turkey Farmers of Ontario, respects each Nominator/Nominee’s right to privacy. By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information, Nominator/Nominees consent and agree to the Sponsor’s collection and use of Nominator/Nominees’ information for the administration of the Contest in accordance with the applicable privacy policies of Turkey Farmers of Ontario available at http://turkeyfarmers.on.ca/privacy-policy/. Personal information collected in relation to the Contest will be destroyed following the Contest and awarding of the Prize.
- Turkey Farmers of Ontario may use the personal information collected to contact you regarding the winning of a prize through the Contest. Your use of this website constitutes your consent to the collection and use by Turkey Farmers of Ontario of your information.
- However, if an Nominator/Nominee consents to receive future information from Turkey Farmers of Ontario and its affiliate Ontario Turkey, they may use the information provided to initiate, maintain and develop a relationship with the Nominator/Nominee in connection with offering any of Turkey Farmers of Ontario products; or to promote and market to the Nominator/Nominee additional products and services offered by Turkey Farmers of Ontario Such consent may be revoked by an Nominator/Nominee at any time by writing to: Turkey Farmers of Ontario, Privacy Officer, 1120 – 100 Conestoga College Boulevard, Kitchener, ON N2P 2N6 Phone: 519-748-9636 Fax: 519-748-2742 or by selecting “unsubscribe” and completing the required fields on any electronic communication received.
- Turkey Farmers of Ontario will not give, rent or sell any personal information about any visitor to this website or any personal information about any Nominator/Nominee to any organization or individual.
- If you have already submitted the information and would like to have it removed from our records, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com
© Turkey Farmers of Ontario. 2016. All Rights Reserved.