Barbecue Spice Rub
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: about 6 tbsp (90 mL)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each onion powder and pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt and cayenne
In a small bowl, stir together sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, pepper, salt and cayenne. Rub onto turkey; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
Tip: For an additional barbecue flavour finish your grilled turkey with a brush of your favourite bbq sauce.