Individual Turkey Meatloaves
Makes: 6 Servings
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1-2/3 cup (400 mL) canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each, salt and basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce
Strain tomatoes and set aside juice. In a bowl, mix tomatoes, turkey, onion, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, basil and pepper.
Divide turkey into greased 6 piece muffin tin, place on baking sheet. Cook in oven at 425°F (220°C), for 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
In a small saucepan, mix tomato juice and other ingredients for the sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook for 15 minutes. Remove turkey loaves, cover with sauce and serve.
Per serving: 204 calories, 28g protein, 8g fat, 7g CHO