Spicy Turkey Tacos
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red or green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato salsa
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) tomato paste
- 16 taco shells
- Garnishes: shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa
Sauté onion, garlic, and peppers in oil until onion is transparent (about 5 minutes). Add turkey and chili powder and cook over medium heat about 5 or 6 minutes, stirring and separating turkey as it cooks. Stir in tomato salsa and tomato paste and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve in taco shells, topped with shredded cheese and other garnishes, if desired.