Turkey & Fruit Salad
Makes: 6 Servings
- 1 head leaf lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) melon chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) pineapple chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless Ontario turkey breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated ginger root
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- to taste pepper
Tear lettuce into bite size pieces and arrange on platter or in salad bowl. Top with melon, pineapple and blueberries. Set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp (15mL) of oil over medium high heat. Sauté turkey and ginger root until no longer pink inside. Place turkey mixture on top of lettuce and fruit. Combine remaining 2 tbsp (25mL) oil with lemon juice and pepper. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with chopped onions. Toss gently to combine ingredients.