Turkey Grilled Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices whole grain bread
- 2oz (60 g) thinly sliced aged Gouda (such as Beemster)or cheddar
- 6oz (175 g) thinly sliced cooked Ontario turkey breast, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
In small bowl, stir together yogurt, tomatoes, basil, Dijon and pepper. Spread mixture evenly over four of the bread slices. Divide cheese into four equal portions and layer over the yogurt spread on each of the bread slices. Press in slightly for cheese to stick. Top the cheese on each bread slice with 1 1/2 oz (45 g) of turkey and cover each with remaining four bread slices.
Brush one side of each sandwich with some of the oil and place oil side down in nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Brush top side of sandwich with remaining oil and turn sandwich over carefully using spatula and your hands. Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and filling is hot.
Tip: For really thin slices of cheese use a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler.
Per serving: About 363 cal, 25 g pro, 9 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 44 g carb, 4 g fibre, 45 mg chol, 654 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 26%, calcium 15%, vit A 3%, vit C 9%