Turkey Swiss Melt
Makes: 6 Servings
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped cooked Ontario turkey
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 unpeeled, cored apple, diced(MacIntosh, Granny Smith or other tart eating apple)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) coarsely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) minced onion or 1/2 tsp (2mL) onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 large slices dark rye bread
In medium bowl, mix together turkey, celery, apple, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup (50mL) of the cheese, pecans, and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly toast bread and place on baking sheet. Immediately spoon turkey mixture over bread, top with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese bubbles.