Turkey & Tofu with Soba Noodles
Makes: 6 Servings
- 8 oz (250 g) soba noodles
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 pkg (14oz /400 g) extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry, cut into cubes
- 1/2 lb (225 g) boneless, skinless Ontario turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head bok choy, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- Garnish with fresh chopped peanuts
Cook noodles according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown tofu. Transfer to plate. Add turkey and cook just until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate with tofu. Add red pepper, broccoli, bok choy, garlic, chili flakes and broth to skillet. Cover and cook until broccoli is tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
In bowl, whisk together peanut butter, rice vinegar and soy sauce.
Add turkey, tofu and noodles to vegetables. Stir in peanut butter mixture until noodles are well coated.
Serve garnished with fresh chopped peanuts.
Per serving: About 400 cal, 28 g pro, 13 g total fat (2 g sat fat), 46 g carb, 8 g fibre, 15 mg chol, 490 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 30%, calcium 45%, vit A 180%, vit C 310%