Makes: 4 Servings
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon rind, grated
- 1 pkg 12 oz (397 g) frozen pastry thawed
- 4 Ontario turkey tenderloin pieces (4 oz/115 g each)
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) water
In medium skillet, heat oil; sauté onions and garlic until onions are softened. Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until just wilted. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and rind; chill well.
On lightly floured surface, roll half of puff pastry into a 10-inch (23 cm) square. Remove 2-inch (5 cm) strip from one side; reserve. Cut remaining square in half. Fold each piece in half to form a square; roll to a 6-inch (15 cm) square. Repeat with remaining pastry, creating 4 squares and 2 strips. Spread turkey with mustard and sprinkle with rosemary. Place 1 piece of turkey on each pastry square. Top each with 1/4 of chilled spinach mixture. Join opposite corners of pastry together, sealing edges well. Slice each pastry strip into 4 length-wise pieces; twist 2 pieces together. Cut each twist in half crosswise. Place 1 twist over each sealed edge.
In small bowl, combine egg yolk and water. Brush over pastry. Bake in 425ºF (220ºC) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.